Monday, January 28, 2008

Life Goes On

So a lot of things have happened in the last few weeks.  Probably the biggest news is that yesterday President Hinckley passed away.  It was really crazy, I got one text and then within a few minutes I got tons more.  While I have been alive for several presidents of the Church, he is really the only one I can remember.  He was such an amazing man(one would have to be to be a prophet of the Lord) and I'm sure he's having quite the reunion with his wife up top and chillaxing with Heavenly Father and Jesus(in the most reverent way possible of course). I went up to Temple Square that night and saw a bunch of people.  It wasn't really a sad event, more of one of those where life goes on.  
A few other things have happened that have kind of shaken me a bit.  For as long as I can remember things will be really good for a while and then just kind of suck all at once.  But it was only until recently that I have realized that these experiences can no longer determine who I am as a person, that I just have to roll with it and things will be better.  Like in this case, things aren't exactly how I would like them in a perfect world, but non-the-less, things are good; I've got a great family, amazing friends, a good job and I'm in school-so I can't complain too much.  No matter what happens, life goes on.

1 comment:

SKYE said...

Just wanted to add an "AMEN" to life goes on! Hope all is going well!