Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lens Comparison

While traveling in Hawaii we went on a hike in the rain. Apparently hiking in mud can be slippery and as a result I slipped and broke one of my lenses. Luckily, my wife is a saint and let me get the Nikkor 24-70 as a replacement. I love the lens, it is SO crazy sharp, but it is just not at all wide enough for me to get the landscape shots I want. So I'm debating between 2 lenses, the Nikkor 14-24 F/2.8 and the new Nikkor 16-35 F/4. If this was a perfect world I would just get the 14-24, however, it is WAY more expensive and I can only tell a difference when the 16-35 is zoomed all the way out to 16mm, and then it has some serious distortion (however that can easily be corrected in Photoshop). So assuming Jenna wouldn't care which one I got(which she probably does), do I save $800 and get the 16-35 or just splurge and get the 14-24? Please help me decide...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'll help you decide - just book a killer expensive wedding and THEN get the lens you want. Oh, and buy Jenna a present too, so she'll remember that you love her more than your camera (even though I'm sure you spend more money on the camera) :) I can't wait for you to teach me how to take better pictures - I'm already preparing myself for your brutal honesty! See ya soon!